Friday, February 23, 2007

Back from SE Asia


My annual SE Asia trip this year took me to Singapore and Malaysia. I went with family to meet my sister who is teaching English in China. It was a great trip with time to relax and perfect weather and food.

Singapore is a beautiful and very modern city. Luckily, friends of friends took care of me there so got to mingle a bit with the locals. From Singapore we went to the island of Penang off the coast of Malaysia. It had a similar feeling to Thailand with beautiful beaches, great food, and nice people. There we celebrating my grandma's 81 birthday and valentine's day. All and all it was a great trip and nice to get away from the east coast winter. I even got to fly around the world! On the way to Singapore we flew across the Atlantic Ocean, across European, the Middle East, etc and on the way back we flew across the Pacific.

Favorite Experiences:
- Going out with the locals (thanks John and Edwin!)
- Getting a reflexology massage
- Valentine's day dinner at the hotel with family, which included locals singing Country Roads and Achy Breaky Heart.

All the pictures can be viewed here.

1 comment:

robert d said...

I think I might like a well done reflexology massage,

Snapping out,

d