Monday, July 30, 2007

money, money, money

Quick China insight story:

I was visiting office space last week in Shanghai. As I was being given the tour of the very modern and pristine facilities, my guide took pride in pointing out a painting at the end of the hall. The painting was a modern interpretation of the dollar sign, nothing special. What made me laugh, was his comment about the painting. He stated that its place within the facility was there to "remind us what we are all here to do--make money." Although he probably gives that innocent line during every tour, I thought it was particularly appropriate for China, and especially Shanghai. It is a place filled with entrepreneurs and opportunists looking to make something happen in the "wild east."

My only comment was that it might be more appropriate to replace the dollar sign with the RMB...

No comments: