Saturday, December 16, 2006

Best Albums of 2006

I just listened to NPR's All Songs Considered Best Songs of 2006 and I would highly recommend a listen. A lot of the bands are fairly obvious since there have been some standout albums this year, including the Decembrists, Bob Dylan, Beck, etc. but I also downloaded some new albums that are really awesome.

New albums I am listening to:
The Gourds: Heavy Ornamentals
Jenny Lewis: Rabbit Fur Coat
TV On the Radio: Return to Cookie Mountain
M. Ward: Post War

My favorite albums of the year include:
Belle and Sebastian: The Life Pursuit
Flaming Lips: At War With The Mystics
Bob Dylan: Modern Times

Others?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out Beirut and Grizzly Bear's latest.

:)

Unknown said...

check out 'foofy, foofy, come home' by jung gua

Anonymous said...

Check out Dog Problems, the sophomore album from The Format. One of my favorites of the year. (and how about that site?!)

Jenny Lewis's album is available for download on Conor Oberst's label, Team Love.

Solomon said...

wow that Format website is intense!